Friday, December 21, 2007

Thanks, Secret Santa! "Bawk, bawk!"

Does anyone else remember the old Cadbury commercial where the little boy in the chicken suit says "Thanks, Eas' Bunny! Bawk, bawk!" No? Just me? Sorry. I'm old. But that kid was frickin' hilarious.

At any rate, my Secret Blogger Santa, Allie (thanks to LSass and RA for setting that up!), came through with a package this week that included:

  • A little book on good karma
  • A lovely scarf, which I am wearing at this very moment
  • A heated ice-scraper that plugs into your cigarette lighter

Delightful!

I plugged in the ice-scraper to see just how it worked, even though we're having lovely weather right at the moment (that will change tomorrow, they say) and, in my typical "clumsy oaf" style, managed to touch the heating coil with my palm. Let's just say it heats up very, very well, and one should not attempt to test out new toys with heat when one is driving. (Note: this incident in no way diminishes my love for the ice-scraper. It rocks.)

I obviously need the karma book, as well, since apparently the universe is unhappy with me for some reason, the proof being that MY CABLE IS STILL OUT AND WILL BE UNTIL AT LEAST DECEMBER 27! Sorry to yell like that. I'm distressed, as you will note that that date is well past the end of the "24 Hours of A Christmas Story" marathon. Gahhhhh!! And, fool that I am, I went ahead and gave New Guy his key back a couple of days ago, so I can't even sneak off to his place for some illicit TV viewing while he's out-of-town. Sigh.

I have coupons for both Borders and Barnes and Noble, so I'm planning to just go stock up on new reading material. I can't afford to buy DVDs to cover that extended a period, so I figure my best bet is to just find some nice, fat, juicy paperbacks to sink into for a few days. Reading is Fun(damental)!

I'll be away from the internet until the day after Christmas, so I will take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, or Festive Festivus, or Sparkling Solstice, or Kickin' Kwanzaa, or Dysfunctional Family Gathering, or whatEVER you choose to celebrate!

"Bawk, bawk!"

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you, too. Maybe Santa will restore your cable early?!

3carnations said...

Merry Christmas to you! Maybe he could FedEx you the key back? ;)

stinkypaw said...

I'll make sure to get on that "Secret Santa" thing next year! Those are cool (or hot) gifts!

Enjoy your reading and let's hope cable gets restore soon.

Merry Christmas my dear! xox

Allie said...

I'm so glad you liked your presents. I swear...any time I feel like I might blow a gasket, I read some lines from that karma book and it makes a little bit better.

Merry Christmas and have a great New Year!

Whiskeymarie said...

I just had a freak-out moment reading this post today.
ALL last night I was baking and saying to myself, "Thank you Easter Bunny, Bawk Bawk!" for no particular reason. I was even going to see if it's on YouTube today.

No lie.
Freaky.

RA said...

Yay for a Secret Santa success! I would have totally done the same thing with the ice scraper, don't worry. This is why heated elements don't get along with me: irons, hot pans, etc. Ugh.

lizgwiz said...

npw, I only wish Santa could be in charge, instead of my local Cox office. ;)

3car, well, he is going to come back briefly some time between Christmas and New Year's, (that's the current plan, at least)...maybe if I'm still cable-free I'll beg him for it. Hee.

stinky, Secret Santas are the best! Jump on the bandwagon next time. ;)

allie, I do, I do, I do like them! Merry Christmas!

whiskeymarie, that is seriously freaky. Blogger mind-meld?

ra, I'm glad to know I'm not the only such klutz. Thanks for the SBS idea--it was fun.

Sauntering Soul said...

I absolutely remember the "bawk bawk" commercial! It's always been one of my favorites.

We will be celebrating the Dysfunctional Family Gathering more than any of you can imagine. I can hardly wait.

Merry Christmas to you!

Paisley said...

I REMEMBER THAT COMMERCIAL!

Merry Christmas. :)

Stefanie said...

Ha. I DO remember those commercials, and the "Reading is Fundamental" ones, too. :-)

Terribly sorry about your cable!! I hope you at least have Netflix.

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Merry Christmas to you Liz...hope you're having a great time!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! And - I totally remember that Cadbury's kid. He was adorable.

L Sass said...

Oooh... back in my Minnesota-living, driving days, I had a heat-up ice scraper! Those things are amazing!

Unknown said...

do you have cable yet?

Artis said...

The Hoodia molecule has been found to contain 10,000 times the molecule as glucose. Hoodia will do that for you! If you are trying to discover new solutions that can help you in accomplishing your goals and removing a significant portion of the day-to-day pressures you experience, one of the best options can be seen with the appetite suppressant results of a unique Hoodia review.

Nicole Mitchell said...

It should also be presented on an underplate. Instead,Thorndike observed these learning curves. Shop with confidence. Oats have been shown in scientific studies to favorably alter metabolism and enhance performance when ingested shortly (45 minutes - 1 hour) before prolonged endurance exercise (> 2 hours) of moderate intensity. Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser .50/1 Printable Coupon = $1.24 @ Walmart! *HOT* Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal .50/1 Printable Coupon = $0.99 at Albertsons!